The 8:32 Society plans to facilitate a network for mentoring current and future Christian leaders affiliated with Johns Hopkins University through the following specific goals:
Short-term goals for year one (academic year 2016-2017):
- Our first goal, to host reunion for Christian JHU alumni, was held in October 2016. Alumni showed a great response and we look forward to holding future events!
- Our second goal, to host a dinner for Christian JHU faculty, is in the works.
- Our third goal, to hold the first annual 8:32 conference in the spring of 2017, was a great success with over 175 participants. This conference on Christian faith, reason, and vocation provided students the opportunity to hear from and interact with alumni and faculty speakers and panelists about the intersection of faith and professional life. This initiative was inspired by the Wheelock Conference held annually at Dartmouth.
- Host annual events to for alumni and faculty, and co-host a conference with students for the entire Johns Hopkins Christian community.
- Found a Christian Study Center for use by all Hopkins Christian students, faculty and alumni, similar to centers at Yale University, the University of Virginia, the University of California, Berkley, the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, the University of Texas, Cornell University, Duke University, and many more. Information about these initiatives can be found here: Consortium of Christian Study Centers.